RadiusNT -

Gregg Franklin ( franklin@Linkline.com )
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 08:09:02 -0800

Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 06:00:19 -0800

Gregg Franklin wrote:
> We are running RadiusNT in ODBC mode with SQL 6.5. It appears that if we
> take Radius off line that it leaves the callers in the callsonline
> table(view) in place so when we bring Radius back online we get false
> concurrent errors. Is there any way to prevent this short of going in and
> clearing the serverports table?

>Have a second/backup RadiusNT running when you bring the first down.
>You should always have atleast two servers. If you only have one
>RADIUS machine, it can not tracks calls while its down.

I guess I explained it wrong. What I should have said is when I reboot the
SQL server it leaves people in the table. The solution another user
suggests below is interesting but I run RadiusNT as a service.

>We start RADIUS from the startup group with this batch file:

>REM Starts RadiusNT Service
>isql -E -d Emerald -Q "UPDATE ServerPorts SET AcctStatusType = 2 WHERE
>AcctStatusType = 1"
>net start RadiusNT

Do you have any other suggestions? Seems like RadiusNT should clear the
serverports before it starts, will this be changed in future versions?

Gregg Franklin
Web Development and other really neat stuff
Linkline Internet Access
(909) 685-2000
(909) 681-2199 fax
Email franklin@linkline.com