Re: A couple of questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:18:45 -0800

Steve Spesard wrote:

> I have a couple of questions concerning RadiusNT 2.2.
>
> 1. Is it possible to prevent certain users from accessing certain ports
> and forcing others
> to user only certain ports on a portmaster, but still use RadiusNT to do
> the authentication not the portmaster. I want to do time banking for
> 800 users, but make sure the 800 users can only access the 800 ports and
> the rest of our users with standard accounts cannot access the 800 ports
> unless they have an 800 account.

See the ServerAccess portions of the RadiusNT documentation and the
ODBC Database Schema. This will be better documented in the RadiusNT
2.5 documentation.

> 2. We were having some accounting problems and I noticed that the
> subaccounts table login field is 16 characters. The calls table
> username table is only 12 characters. Is their a reason for this? The
> effect is that users that dial in that have over 12 character logins do
> not get entered into the calls table, thus concurrency control is not
> working for these users. Besides this our radius is working great and I
> wanted to check to see if I change the field size of the calls username
> field to 16 if it is going to screw up anything?? We are
> running SQL 6.5. The database was upsized from the radius.mdb in the
> RadiusNT distribution.

You will need to drop/re-create the calls table. There isn't a way to
change the size of the field in SQL Server. The field size should
match the size of the Subaccounts Login and Shell.