Re: Intermittent problem with Radius

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 22:24:07 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01BD35A9.6F66DFC0

We had the same problem too... This usually occurs when you run Radius
in -x15 mode. When we ran it in -x1 mode, we did not see the looping. Try
going to -x1 mode and see if it continues to loop. Another thing that may
cause it to loop is that it was not able to enter the Emerald Database
because you reached your User Limit on the SQL Server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: RadiusNT@iea-software.com <RadiusNT@iea-software.com>
Date: February 9, 1998 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Intermittent problem with Radius

>Sounds like you are running Radiusnt 2.2.39. Upgrade to 2.2.41 and
>it will correct the problem.
>
>Dave Aoun wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We sometime experience a problem with our copy of Radius. It is running
on
>> a SQL Server machine as a service. For the second time today it has gone
>> into what we have termed "looping," where the same user name will appear
>> over and over for verification. This sends the processor usage to 80-90%
>> and no other users can get in. This action is seen in dos box mode and
>> assumed in service mode.
>>
>> The one time this happened was due to a router problem where it seemed
that
>> packets could not be sent back to the authenticating MAX-4000. This is
not
>> the case today. It happened a long time ago, but we thought all those
>> problems would go away when we went to service mode and SQL Server.
>>
>> Another suspicion is that the SQL Server is overloaded. It is running on
>> P-166 with 64 megs of RAM. It is authenticating about 400 lines. I
>> suspect overloading because of the time that the problem usually happens:
>> 3:00pm (kids home from school).
>>
>> Anyone have any insights or hindsights on this problem? It's not
chronic,
>> but the fact that it's happened twice today makes me very nervous.
>>
>> Dave Aoun
>> Internet Technician
>> CSOnline

>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01BD35A9.6F66DFC0
filename="Rudy Komsic.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Komsic;Rudy
FN:Rudy Komsic
ORG:Cyberglobe Communications Inc.
TITLE:President
TEL;WORK;VOICE:514-342-3883
TEL;WORK;FAX:514-342-5139
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;4996 Place de la =
Savane=3D0D=3D0ASuite 200;Montreal;Quebec;H4P 1Z6;Canada
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:4996 Place de la =
Savane=3D0D=3D0ASuite 200=3D0D=3D0AMontreal, Quebec H4P =
1Z6=3D0D=3D0ACa=3D
nada
URL:http://www.cyberglobe.net
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rudyk@cyberglobe.net