Re: RadiusNT/USR Total Control/ 56k question....

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 22:17:22 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01BD35A8.7E7AD940

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: RadiusNT@iea-software.com <RadiusNT@iea-software.com>
Date: February 9, 1998 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: RadiusNT/USR Total Control/ 56k question....

>Robb Bryn wrote:
>>
>> I am investigating the feasibility of moving our current setup (NT RRAS)
>> use RadiusNT with a USR Total Control Unit and have a few questions.
>>
>> Is it possible with RadiusNT to manage users logging into a Total Control
>> Unit and restrict their bandwidth/connect rates? To be more specific we
>> have three accounts setup for our users 1 - 33.6 account, 2 - 56k acct,
3 -
>> 128k ISDN acct, each with flat rate pricing plans. The question is - How
>> can I restrict my 33.6 accounts from logging on at 56k? Keep in mind
they
>> will all be logging into the same unit. Is this something that RadiusNT
>> can handle?
>
>I have heard the USR can do modem pre-configuring based upon DNIS
>information. If you have this configured, RadiusNT 2.5 will be able
>to restrist the user to a single DNIS login and prevent the mis-use
>of services.

This I can confirm because we are currently using this method to limit our
customers. Since Radius NT 2.5 is not yet out, what we do is scan the DNIS
Number the Client has connected for the month and verify to see if they used
an improper #. If then did, we charge them accordingly.

When 2.5 comes out, I hope it will have support for Multiple DNIS access
codes banked into DNIS Groups. What this would mean is that it will have a
table called DNIS Codes with the following fields (DNISID [unique number],
DNISNumber, DNISGroup). What this would do is check to see if the DNIS #
corresponds to the group the dialup access the customer is allowed on.

----
Rudy Komsic
President, Network Administrator - Cyberglobe Communications Inc.
4996 Place de la Savane, Suite 200, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 1Z6
Tel: (514)342-3883 Fax: (514)342-5139 E-Mail: rudyk@cyberglobe.net

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01BD35A8.7E7AD940
filename="Rudy Komsic.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Komsic;Rudy
FN:Rudy Komsic
ORG:Cyberglobe Communications Inc.
TITLE:President
TEL;WORK;VOICE:514-342-3883
TEL;WORK;FAX:514-342-5139
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;4996 Place de la =
Savane=3D0D=3D0ASuite 200;Montreal;Quebec;H4P 1Z6;Canada
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:4996 Place de la =
Savane=3D0D=3D0ASuite 200=3D0D=3D0AMontreal, Quebec H4P =
1Z6=3D0D=3D0ACa=3D
nada
URL:http://www.cyberglobe.net
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rudyk@cyberglobe.net