Re: Accounting and RadiusNT

ACCS Internet ( internet@accs.net )
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 13:25:42

At 09:45 AM 2/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
>ACCS Internet wrote:
>>
>> Do you see anyting in the captures here that would be causing the
>> accounting not to take place. That is my real problem. Do you have any
>> ideas about that?
>
>Accounting only happens after a succesful authentication, which you do
>have one of here. When RadiusNT starts up in -x15 debug debug, do you
>see a message about it default to a port around 20000 for accounting?
>If so, check the install.txt file and make sure you added the two lines
>to your services file.

Okie I modified the services file to reflect the authentication and
accounting ports. I still don't get any information in the database. I am
starting to think that it may be something wrong with the mode on the
database. It seems to read all the information it needs from the database
but all it is doing is READING and nothing is writing. I wonder if the
database can be written to though the ODBC connection. I am having a
similar problem writing to a database I setup in the system DSN it reports
that it is read only and cannot be written to. I am not sure what I setup
wrong but could this be a possibility? Thanks,

-Jason Kallner
ACCS Internet Services
internet@accs.net