Re: Radius Feature Request

Bill Arlofski ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Dec 97 17:12:12 -0500

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997 13:06:27 -0500, Tom Bilan wrote:

>From time to time we do maintenance (shocking eh?) but during those
>times
>we would like RadiusNT to just let everyone on. As long as the type any
>username
>and any password it will authenticate them.

Why not temporarily disable (turn off) Radius authentication on your
dial-in access servers?

Caller connects, caller is given access. Access server never tries to
authenticate to the Radius Server.

Now, if you have a HUGE number of access servers this might take time
to do, but it is a fool-proof method. :)

Bill Arlofski
sysadmin@megahits.com
[ Team OS/2 ]
.... I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...
For public PGP key, email w/subject of "Send PGP Key"
Brought to you by the letters O & S, and by the number 2