Re: I *hate* FrontPage

SMPnet ( jmcqueen@smpnet.com )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:43:09 -0500

Hmm. I've seen just the opposite. It didn't give the right permissions to
some of the directories and files. However, I like my problem better than
yours. I like the Netware approach better than the MS approach.
They don't get no' permissions until you give 'em.
SMPnet

Dan Waldron wrote:

> Is it just me, or does everyone else have problems with the FrontPage
> server extensions? 97 seemed stable enough, but after installing 98
> yesterday, I was not impressed to find the permissions on my NTFS data
> partiton had been reset to "Everyone...Full Control"
>
> In the meantime, it's FTP only around here - is anyone else experiencing
> strange permissions problems with FP97/98?
>
> Rgds
> Dan

> Dan Waldron
> Diversified Data
> dan@diversified.com.au
> http://www.diversified.com.au
> Ph: 0417-659-828 (+61-417-659-828)
> Fx: 02-9832-0951 (+61-2-9832-0951)

--NOTICE TO BULK E-MAILERS:  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter5, Subchapter II, p.227, any and all nonsolicited commercialE-mail sent to this address will be viewed as a request for aSecurity evaluation of all E-mail, Web, and related Internetservices.  Sender acknowledges that such evaluation may includepenetration testing, and testing for susceptibility to variousdenial of service (DOS) attacks during which, actual outage mayoccur.  Sender assumes all risks and liabilities for suchtesting.  The fee for this service is $500.00 US.  E-mailing tothis address denotes acceptance of these terms.