Re: I *hate* FrontPage

Eric Fagan ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:48:47 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Waldron <dan@diversified.com.au>
To: NT ISP list <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 11:11 PM
Subject: I *hate* FrontPage

>Is it just me, or does everyone else have problems with the FrontPage
>server extensions? 97 seemed stable enough, but after installing 98

We had been using FP97 without any problems for quite some time with
customized permission settings. However, the FP98 upgrade destroyed all
custom permissions (any groups that had been set to "no access", etc.) It
took days to get things working right again. It also created the (once
removed) "default site" that managed to flub things up pretty badly as well.

Obviously, the word of advise common to all the replies to this thread is:
Check your permissions thoroughly after install 98 extensions!

Eric
mailserve@pdqnet.net