Re: Need advise on routers

Mitchell B. Wagers ( (no email) )
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 08:39:32 -0800

I know exactly what it is! You also don't have to use HSSI to terminate a
T3. Besides that, look at the fact that going with a T3 will most likely
result in teiring the network down. In other words, by that time (they only
have 50 now) they will have a MUCH bigger network and probably need their
own internal router as well as an external router. Maybe I am looking too
much into the future, or maybe I am expecting technology to stick a fiber
backbone in the area by then (which is more possible than a T3-only
technology staying). Fiber (OC) will be cheaper to haul bandwidth over than
anything else in the very near future, look at the telco's and their
positioning, talk to them about their projects, work with them on
some...tells you a great deal!

I'm not arguing, I'm portraying my insight. :)

At 09:16 AM 3/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Bad idea there ,Mitch.
>
>Jim said T3 not OC3/ATM. There is currently no WIC or NM available to
terminate
>(serially) a T3. The serial interface for a T3 connection is called a
HSSI (High