RE: format of the text record of NT Radius Server (NT Option Pack)

Michael J. Gibbs ( (no email) )
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:33:02 -0800

No doubt Dale.

Does your RadiusNT allow you to authenticate against the NT SAM without
having to specifically add users to RadiusNT? Steel Belted Radius will
allow this by setting up it to authenticate against an NT group. Any login
and password that belongs to a member of that group will be accepted. As I
understand your product, I need to manually add the user to NT and to
RadiusNT in order to authenticate against the NT SAM?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [SMTP:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 1998 10:44 AM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: format of the text record of NT Radius Server (NT Option Pack)

Michael J. Gibbs wrote:

> For some reason, I have not been able to get the accounting logs to get
> written on two different machines that I've installed the Option Pack on.
> Other than clicking on the appropriate boxes, what else needs to be done?
>
> BTW - This may be tied to the fact that EVERY incoming accounting packet
> appears to be malformed as they show up in the event log when I check the
> log to event log option for malformed headers.

Geeze, a year later and they still have this bug. But, wait, if you call
Microsoft and complain, they'll probably either charge you $150 or
tell you to buy MCIS for a fix. :(

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com