Re: format of the text record of NT Radius Server (NT Option Pack)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 02:01:33 -0800

Michael J. Gibbs wrote:

> No doubt Dale.
>
> Does your RadiusNT allow you to authenticate against the NT SAM without
> having to specifically add users to RadiusNT? Steel Belted Radius will
> allow this by setting up it to authenticate against an NT group. Any login
> and password that belongs to a member of that group will be accepted. As I
> understand your product, I need to manually add the user to NT and to
> RadiusNT in order to authenticate against the NT SAM?

Yes, it can. Use text mode with one user entry:

DEFAULT<TAB>Password = "WINNT"
<TAB>User-Service = PPP

and any other changes. Any use with log on local rights to the
machine with be authenticatable via RadiusNT. I have been working
on some other options (like groups or checking the remote allow
flag from User manager).