Re: Free RADIUS server with NT Option Pack !

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:15:11 -0800

ronb@sysygy.com.au wrote:

> We have had stability problems with RadiusNT (shareware version). After
> installing MS Proxy 2 on the machine running Radius, we found that the
> service would show nothing unusual yet people couldn't get
> authenticated. Stopping and restarting the RadiusNT service would bring
> it back to life. It's as if it had lost it's ODBC links to the SQL
> server or something similar.

And since the shareware one did NOT reconnect to the SQL Server, there
isn't much you can do about it except upgrade to the commercial version.

> That was why I was looking for alternatives.
>
> As for the question of $5000 for a Radius product, I was referring to
> the Ascend Radius server which here in Australia costs that much.

Just upgrade to RadiusNT 2.2. Its only $495 USD and has a proven
track record.