Re: Upgrading to IIS 4.0

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS ( (no email) )
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 23:51:02 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD35B5.9418FC20

The upgrade isn't its a reinstall (at least it was for me!). IIS4 =
allows multiple virtual domains on one IP address like the Netscate =
servers. I like it and don't regret making the switch but if you do =
allow plenty of time. I've read that the best way is to uninstall IIS3 =
and do a clean install of IIS4. Upgrading over IIS3 trashed my system =
and I had to do a total server reinstall.

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS Molarnet Technologies, Inc
President 1936 Bay Street
kurt@molar.net Saginaw, MI 48602
http://www.molar.net (517) 249-4638

Authorized iPSwitch WebVar (http://www.molar.net/ipswitch/index.html)

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Coleman <scoleman@csolutions.net>
To: ntisp@earth.com <ntisp@earth.com>
Cc: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com> =
winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com <winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com>
Date: Monday, February 09, 1998 6:44 PM
Subject: Upgrading to IIS 4.0
=20
I am sure this has been covered before, but I must have missed it.
=20
I am wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to IIS4? We have two IIS =
3 servers that are working flawlessly and I hate to open a can of worms. =
What features does 4 have over 3, and what needs to be done to upgrade?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Steve
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD35B5.9418FC20

The upgrade isn't its a reinstall =(at least it=20was for me!).  IIS4 allows multiple virtual domains on one IP =address like=20the Netscate servers.  I like it and don't regret making the switch =but if=20you do allow plenty of time.  I've read that the best way is to =uninstall=20IIS3 and do a clean install of IIS4.  Upgrading over IIS3 trashed =my system=20and I had to do a total server reinstall.

Kurt A. Butzin,=20DDS           &nbs=p;       =20Molarnet Technologies,=20Inc
President         &nb=sp;           &nbs=p;            =;  =201936 Bay Street
kurt@molar.net    =            &=nbsp;          =20Saginaw, MI 48602
http://www.molar.net   &=nbsp;           &n=bsp;   =20(517) 249-4638

From:=20 Steve Coleman <scoleman@csolutions.net>To:=20 ntisp@earth.com <ntisp@earth.com>
Cc: =ntisp@emerald.iea.com =<ntisp@emerald.iea.com>; =winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com==20 <winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com=>
Date:=20 Monday, February 09, 1998 6:44 PM
Subject: Upgrading =to IIS=20 4.0

I am sure this has =been covered=20 before, but I must have missed it.

I am wondering if =it's worth it=20 to upgrade to IIS4?  We have two IIS 3 servers that are working = flawlessly and I hate to open a can of worms.  What features =does 4=20 have over 3, and what needs to be done to upgrade?

Thanks,

Steve

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD35B5.9418FC20--