Re: ADSL

Ritchie ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:28:31 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0129_01BD2A55.E9AC4590

I'ld like to know too
-----Original Message-----
From: Dwight G. Jones <djones@imagen.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Monday, January 26, 1998 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: ADSL
=20
=20
ADSL works great. We are a smaller ISP and we offer ADSL to our =
customers. All that is required is access to the copper plant available =
from the teleco. You simply need to see if your local telco has =
tarriffs for copper pairs. If so then either co-locate with the teleco =
or move as close as possible to the teleco, as distance is still limited =
to 18,000 feet. I am using ADSL to offer T-1 or greater services to =
small business. Then I worked out a deal where the same pairs are used =
and split out the low frequency for POTS. They get phone and data for =
the same low rate.
OK, and where do you get all that bandwidth? Is that a freebie =
from the Telco ? ;-)=20
Dwight
=20
=20

From:=20 Dwight G. Jones <djones@imagen.net>
To: =ntisp@emerald.iea.com =<ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date:=20 Monday, January 26, 1998 8:19 AM
Subject: Re:=20 ADSL

ADSL works great.  We are a =smaller=20 ISP and we offer ADSL to our customers.  All that is =required is=20 access to the copper plant available from the teleco.  You =simply=20 need to see if your local telco has tarriffs for copper =pairs.  If=20 so then either co-locate with the teleco or move as close as =possible to=20 the teleco, as distance is still limited to 18,000 feet.  I =am=20 using ADSL to offer T-1 or greater services to small =business. =20 Then I worked out a deal where the same pairs are used and split =out the=20 low frequency for POTS.  They get phone and data for the =same low=20 rate. OK,=20 and where do you get all that bandwidth? Is that a freebie from =the=20 Telco ?  ;-)  Dwight
 ------=_NextPart_000_0129_01BD2A55.E9AC4590--