Re: ADSL

Michael R. Conder ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:00:34 -0800

--------------48625BC5D7C8CEA43397340F

If you are an ISP like myself, you should hope it doesn't. Cable modem in my area is
spreading like the plague. $39 per month for 512k down and 64k up and it is every bit
what they promise! I should know I bought it because I can't even get ISDN lines ran to
my home from the Telco for cheaper that that. I have about $50,000 wrapped up in a
high-end remote access concentrator that I could be connecting to with ISDN. Give me one
good reason why anyone would pay the Telco $46 for ISDN and their ISP $49.95 (our price)
for dual channel unlimited dial-up? I think all the little ISP's should be praying right
now, because in 3-7 years 75% of you will all be out of business!

Mitch Wagers wrote:

> ADSL will die.

begin: vcard
fn: Michael R. Conder