Re: Does your RRAS disconnect modems when you shutdown ?

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 22:35:47 -0000

> If you shut down NT, how can an attached modem be routing out? The only
path
> is through the NT box, which is off. Are you shutting down, or just
logging
> off? What does it say on the screen at the point you are referring to?

No routing happens, I guess. Only that my outgoing modem's LED's are still
lit up indicating it hasn't hung up. When you stop RRAS, all dial-in modems
are supposed to have only one LED lit up. Mine still has 2 LED's lit up
even after the shutdown.

Yes, I did Start/Shutdown/Shoutdown the Computer?/Yes

The screen says the usual dialog box saying something like "You may now
turn off the PC" and a button labeled "Restart".

Btw, I use a Digiboard ISA card w/ a Digi Ports/16 em module and USR
Sportster Classic modems.

- Danny