Re: change NTFS permissions via command line program

Misha ( misha@hern.org )
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:44:09 -0600 (CST)

Once extentions are set up right it really does become a permissions
problem. I have seen them creep up in most unlikely places, with one user
not being able to log in while all the rest were publishing without a
problem, and no the permissions problem was not with his web, it was with
shared .dll's

I have to be careful about what I install and when. Running Cold
Fusion and Front Page 98 is especially problematic. Front Page is very
sensitive to the permissions, which get replaced every time I upgrade Cold
Fusion. Things get even worse once I reapply Service Pack, as it basically
does delete/copy operation inhereting the permissions of
%systemroot%\system32. Using Front Page administrator to set permissions
is pretty much useless too because it almost always does it wrong. What I
really need to do is write a script that goes through and fixes all the
ACL's after I update any software.

Misha