Re: DNS Question

Mitchell B. Wagers ( (no email) )
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:05:17 -0800

So do we...we setup the mail.domain.com as an A record, using the MX for
both domain.com MX mail.domain.com and MX mail.domain.com.
this has solved more than one problem since I've been doing it. You are
correct, many mail servers are broke! hahahah

It's very difficult to get one's own DNS working correctly when you can't
convince your upstream there is a problem... *sigh* If anyone has tested,
we have no reverse DNS for our two net blocks. I'm waiting to see how many
times I have to tell the story. If anyone has a good suggestion for
bringing this subject up with an upstream, I would be happy to
listen...it's never worked for me and I've argued with CRL, AlterNet and
our current upstream (3 different jobs).

At 11:53 AM 1/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Mitch Wagers wrote:
>>
>> That was somewhat inclusive, because not all MX records point to the same
>> domain. The point is you don't have www and mail hosts pointed at the same
>> machine unless of course they run all of that software on one machine.
None