Re: Motherboard change

John Barrett ( john@asacomp.com )
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:31:20 -0500

John Lange wrote:

> HI
>
> The problems you will encounter will be based on the Intel Chipset. Going
> from your older chipset to a TX or LX will give a Win95 machine headaches.
> I assume a simaler problem will be encountered with NT. You should be
> shure to load the MB drivers for NT. You may even have to re-load from
> scratch.
>
> JOhn :}
>
> At 09:01 PM 12/28/97 -0000, you wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >I am running NT 4 server w/ SP3 on a Pentium 133 Asustek P/I-P55T2P4
> >motherboard w/ 96 MB EDO Ram. My SCSI HDisk is a 2.1 GB Seagate Barracuda
> >attached to an Adaptec 2940 AU SCSI controller.
> >

> >If I change the motherboard, will there be problems ?
> >
> >Danny Sinang
> >President, Uplink Technologies, Inc.
> >danny@uplink.com.ph
> >http://www.uplink.com.ph/danny/

> John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
> microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers!
> 608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road
> http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
> Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
> Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html
>
> --- __o
> --- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town
> --- (_)/ (_)

We reload systems running NT with new motherboards all the time. Some
have had the Plug&Pray drivers loaded on them (They are on the CD in the
ADMIN area) and others have not. My rule is to always run a Upgrade
Install on them to make sure that any new features of the motherboard
are picked up by NT. We have replaced Motherboards and done nothing else
and everything has been fine, but why tempt fate??? Just a thought.

John Barrett
ASA Network Computing
john@asacomp.com

Tagline removed in an effort to save electrons... *G*