Re: emerald billing method

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 13:39:38 -0700

iml@interconnect.net wrote:

> I wonder if a different system that looks at a set number of days
> would be a good option for emerald. Then you would not have to worry
> about missing people in a previous month.

Hmmm, typically I would throw in a note about the future here,
but since it would open up a whole different can of worms, I'll
just let you make conclusiong. :)

> How are you handling your new sign ups...at current we do a default
> extend of 10 days....gives up time to receive payment. However,
> people on renewals still get that first invoice in the email which
> confuses them. I guess the solution for that is to just add some info
> in the footer to tell them what's going on with a first invoice.

I don't follow you here? A new signup SHOULD get thier first
invoice in the mail. Are you referring to someone that pays
immediately upon signup? Paying an invoice marks an invoice as
sent and thus it shouldn't get emailed.

> On a side note....DALE
> Any idea why the default limit and default extend doesn't get set on
> new accounts. I believe it is setup properly in the emerald
> admin...even though changes would not take effect...I had to run an
> SQL statement to set the option days right. However, it still doesn't
> set them correctly on new accounts.

Its one of those Beta 2.2 things. I am pretty sure the latest 2.2
does that. 2.1 only supported the extend and not the limit.