Re: Trouble Ticketing software

Ed Miller ( (no email) )
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:48:23 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <>
To: <>
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 1998 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: Trouble Ticketing software

>> Raed Mounir wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I know this might be off point & may be should not be posted to this
>> list but anyway I'd appreciate the help if anybody can. We are looking
>> into implementing a more sophisticated Trouble Ticketing Software ( also
>> commonly called help desk software ) that allows better management of our
>> online support. What would you recommend specially that we are using
>> as our billing/service control software, so we'd need a software that
>> interface with Emerald with the least problems possible.
>> Thanks & sorry again for posting a message that is not directly relevant.
>Its actually related and Emerald has an easy to use call tracking
>system built into it. If you look on the User edit screen, incidents
>tab, you can track incidents for the account. This is the same
>concept as a trouble ticketing system and intergrates and the service
>If you would like to see more features in it (be reasonable, now), let us
>know and we'll look into it.

How about a lock out that would allow only management to change incident.
The way it is now the incident can be changed later, for what ever reason.
Where it is needed somtimes, I think that changing the original should not
be done with out
management supervision. A times you want to be reasonable sure that the
is as it was.

Also how about departments catagories. i.e. Sales, Tech. Support, Billing