Re: E-mail credit card receipts

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:14:45 -0800

Adam wrote:

> Does anyone know how one might send out a receipt for credit card payments
> with Emerald?

Currently, there is no automated way. You could write crystal reports
looking at the paid credit card invocies for a hard copy type
receipt, but an E-Mail receipt would be more challenging. Its actually
a pretty interesting idea, and I'll note it.

> Is there some way to customize the e-mail invoice format?

You can add text to it, but not change the basics.

> I understand the future release of Emerald will utilize Crystal Reports to
> generate the e-mail invoice, in which case I guess I'll be able to
> customize it. Is that right?

Yes.

> Until then, what can I do to customize it? Or, what do you suggest to
> automate the process of notifying my credit card users that I charged their
> card?

Just the manual paper way noted above or an external method.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com