Re: We are down

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:10:36 -0800

Dusan Janjic wrote:

> On several occasions we have seen references to a version 2.29 or
> something like that. Dale had said that it can be used without support,
> as is, since it is a beta. After another failed attempt to run calls
> consolidation last nightv we are ready to try it.
>
> 1. What do we need to do to get it?

Its available from:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/emerald/beta/emerald22/emerald22.zip

PLEASE read the readme.txt file in that folder as well for
details and conditions of use.

> Here is what happened last night. Calls consolidatioon started at 11:00
> pm. After all night long when I came in this morning it wasn't complete.
> The NT event log said that dbase log segment ran out of space, even that
> we had 65MB free of log space available when we started. After
> rebooting the computer, Emerald was rebulding itself for about 3 hours.
> Since then there is no available space on a database segment or a log
> segment. I tried to expand both segments, no luck.

Run the checkdb.sql script in the /emerald/beta directory against
your DB. That will most likely clear up the allocation problems
and allow yout DB to works properly.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com