Re: Customers Behind on Payment

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:48:59 -0800

David Moore wrote:

> I agree, it is a competitive world out there, some tolerance is required
> please add my vote to that as well.

The temp and permament extends are there to add flexibility
and late payments with interuption of service.

Emerald 2.1 was designed to be simple. When you want to
do balance forward, people then want finance charging, variable
rate billing, tiered discounts for billing payments (pre/post),
etc. Then we'll get complaints because its so difficult to
setup and define this and people just want it "easy".

The model Emerald uses works very well for small and large
ISPs alike. A lot of people want to make things much more
complicated to save a user or two, when in the long run
you'll probably loose more time and money on that user
anyways.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com