Re: Anyone had this problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 10:18:14 -0800

> Richard Sensale wrote:
>
> Has anyone on the list experienced a lockup or timeout when you do a time used
> lookup on a user who has not logged on yet? We have been experiencing this a
> bit lately.

This can happen as your calls table grows. The easiest way to
solve the problem, if make sure your calls table is staying nice and
small. There are several maintenance things I like to do:

1. Once a night, delete all START records out of the database.
You can have SQL Executive to cron this task (tSQL statement):

DELETE FROM Calls WHERE AcctStatusType = 1

2. The next thing you can do is put an index on the Calls table,
AcctStatusType column:

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX iAcctStatusType
ON Calls(AcctStatusType)

3. Lastly, either once a week (large databases) or once a month (small
databases) run a check database on your Emerald database. Again, this
is done in SQL Executive, executing a tSQL statement like:

DBCC CheckDB(Emerald)

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com