Re: Can't generate invoice

Pat Augustine ( (no email) )
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 10:59:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Kuchar <emerald@nls.net>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com <emerald@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, December 19, 1997 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: Can't generate invoice

>I was just about to ask the same question. Now that I understand why that
>is happening, my next question is how to get around this. The situation
>that occasionally occurs is:
> We bill a customer for 1 year of service on their credit card. They
>decide that they only what to pay month to month, so we credit them for 11
>months and change their expire date back. And of course no future
>invoices. Is there a way around this
>
>Ed

You have a couple of choices.

1). Delete (or void) the year invoice and create a new monthly invoice for
the period they've really paid for. I would then go into SQL and change the
"date" field to the date of the original so it looks like it was created
back then, but that's up to you.

2). Go into SQL and change the "EndDate" field on the invoice that exists to
be the last day of the period they've actually paid for. Emerald will then
make invoices that start beyond that date.

Pat Augustine
Interlink America