Re: Can't generate invoice

Ed Kuchar ( emerald@nls.net )
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 23:18:51 -0500

I was just about to ask the same question. Now that I understand why that
is happening, my next question is how to get around this. The situation
that occasionally occurs is:
We bill a customer for 1 year of service on their credit card. They
decide that they only what to pay month to month, so we credit them for 11
months and change their expire date back. And of course no future
invoices. Is there a way around this

Ed

At 07:16 PM 12/19/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Greg Hastings wrote:
>>
>> I have on MBR for which I cannot seem to generate an invoice. There is
>> nothing unusual about this particular account, and I can't find anything
>> (such as not having active boxes checked in MBR or services) which would
>> make it not generate an invoice. The account expires 12/31/97. It won't
>> generate and invoice in Batch/renewal with the date set to 12/31/97 or
>> anytime in Jan. 1998. All other expiring accounts in that time frame
>> generated invoices properly. I also cannot manually generate and invoice
>> by calling up the master record and invoicing next term from the menu.
>
>Check the history tab, and find the invoice with the latest end date.
>Assuming that invoice is not void, thats the earliest Expiration date
>you can have for the MBR. If its any earlier, Emerald will not create
>a new invoice, because it would overlapp with an exisiting one. This
>typically shows up when you move expirations BACK.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

-Ed Kuchar (InterNIC Handle: EK113) [ekuchar@NLS.NET]
NetLink Services, Inc. 216.875.7000(Cleveland) - 330.940.2700(Akron)
sales@nls.net - http://www.nls.net - http://www.getinfo.net
Serving: Cleveland, Akron, Medina, & Geauga County