Re: USR / Login without intervention

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:21:36 -0800

David Moore wrote:

> I am not sure what your question means I think what your trying to ask is
> can you make a connection via PPTP and Hardwired modems, and then use radius
> NT to conduct the accounting function over PPTP no I would not think so but
> I do not posses the knowledge to really say.

RADIUS itself is a passive authentication and accounting protocol.
It does NOT actually change, interact or filter the flow of data
(excluded just being able to specify a filter).

Whether you have hardwired modems, dialup, etc, isn't going to change
the basic functionality of what RADIUS itself accomplishes.
Unfortunately, since I really don't know the scope of what you are
trying to do, its difficuly to ask the right questions, much less
help solve the problem. :(

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com