Re: Unix Support with Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:17:01 -0800

Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> Dear Dale,
> All I want is for Emerald to write to my Unix's password file so I can use the Unix box as a mail server. I haved added the External System in Emerald Admin. When I batch it writes to extend. When I run emparse is doesn't create new users in the password file. All it does is defer them. How do I set it up to add the users to the Unix box?

There are two pieces. The first is extend which should be cronned. It will
parse the files, and extend any users which exist.

emparse is the one that will create accounts onto your system. When you
run it, it should ask you if you want to create the accounts. What does
it show when you run it?

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com