Re: Trimming CALLS table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:45:38 -0700

Software Team wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (I am using RadiusNT .60 in ODBC mode)
>
> I want to trim calls table with a trigger, by deleting the records
> AcctStatusType<>2 when the user discconnected and the final calls
> insert is done for that user.
> However first I must learn that if the records in calls table with
> AcctStatusType<>2 are needed.
> If they are not needed, why does radius do it for us ? (deleting the
> unneeded records from calls)
>
> I think they are not needed, after the AcctStatusType=2 is inserted.
>
> If it is possible to document the procedures for the operations doing
> on calls table , could you feed me ?

RadiusNT 2.2 can be configured to not insert Start records into the
database and just manually update the callsonline for start records.
Its slower than actually inserting a record into the calls table
and letting a trigger to do the update, though.

I would just do a cleanup once a week or so of:

Delete From Calls Where AcctStatusType <> 2

and your set. RadiusNT doesn't do this because it varies greatly
by the user of what they want and so we leave the DB maintenance to
the user.