Re: emerald check database feature (administrator) never works

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:01:41 -0700

Bruno A. Karoly wrote:

> I've tried over serveral different installations to try to get the
> administrator to check database. The function returns errors, usually
> starting with that it can't find fields.rpt.
>
> It's very hard to know where the .rpt files belong because of the flaky
> interaction of the appletts over .rpt files and paths. The fields.rpt
> file is in the emerald directory, and I've also tried putting it
> anywhere else I could think of that it might consider a valid path.

Just ignore the check database option. We completely re-wrote the
check DB routines for Emerlad 2.2.

> I'm concerned with database problems and being able to find them.

This would only be if you were upgrading (say like from Emerald 2.0.52),
which I doubt you are.