RE: emerald check database feature (administrator) never works

Bruno A. Karoly ( (no email) )
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 13:11:33 -0400

Thanks for your reply Dale.

Is Emerald 2.2 available... seems the current download gives 2.1.8?

I'd be interested in a beta copy if you have.

v. 914.834.7834
f. 914.834.7835

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 1997 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: emerald check database feature
(administrator) never works

Bruno A. Karoly wrote:
> I've tried over serveral different installations to
try to get the
> administrator to check database. The function returns
errors, usually
> starting with that it can't find fields.rpt.
> It's very hard to know where the .rpt files belong
because of the flaky
> interaction of the appletts over .rpt files and paths.
The fields.rpt
> file is in the emerald directory, and I've also tried
putting it
> anywhere else I could think of that it might consider
a valid path.

Just ignore the check database option. We completely
re-wrote the
check DB routines for Emerlad 2.2.

> I'm concerned with database problems and being able to
find them.

This would only be if you were upgrading (say like from
Emerald 2.0.52),
which I doubt you are.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (

IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and
Internet Solutions for Today |

RadiusNT Mailing List