Re: Configuring COMPUTONE to work with RADIUSNT

Tommy Cheng ( tommycheng@pcmagic.net )
Thu, 29 May 1997 05:39:26 -0700

Barry Buchholz wrote:

> Good Luck. We have had nothing but trouble with our Intelliserver and
> radiusnt. My suggestions..
>
> 1.Make sure you have the newest kernal from Computone. Current version
> is
> 1.5.1.i.
> 2. Turn off any accounting in the terminal server. We have been unable
> do anything with accounting and radius. Get authentication working
> first.
> 3. Make sure your users file is absolutely perfect or radius will have
> problems when bad names or passwords are checked.
> 4. Prepare to learn UNIX and put Merit radius on. Computone info only
> talks
> about Merit and I bet they have tested it with Merit's version only.
> My
> opinion is that the Intelliserver is not quite compliant for the
> Radius
> standards, or RadiusNT is looking only for a request from a Portmaster
> or
> Ascend product. Logic would then tell us that the "Radius" standards
> are
> not the same for different terminal servers.
>
> We have had nothing but trouble with our system and RadiusNT. I tried
> reinstalling, rebuilding the users file, running on different
> computers,
> nothing has solved the problems of Radius crashing for us. Our next
> NAS
> will be a Portmaster.

Nope. I've got both Computone and PM3 working with RadiusNT just fine.
Oh yeah, radius accounting works as well. Must be pilot error. The
only problem with Computone is this stupid TFTP crap for booting with
their latest crappy kernel.