Re: Configuring COMPUTONE to work with RADIUSNT

Barry Buchholz ( bearb@mintcity.com )
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:08:10 -0400

Good Luck. We have had nothing but trouble with our Intelliserver and
radiusnt. My suggestions..

1.Make sure you have the newest kernal from Computone. Current version is
1.5.1.i.
2. Turn off any accounting in the terminal server. We have been unable to
do anything with accounting and radius. Get authentication working first.
3. Make sure your users file is absolutely perfect or radius will have
problems when bad names or passwords are checked.
4. Prepare to learn UNIX and put Merit radius on. Computone info only talks
about Merit and I bet they have tested it with Merit's version only. My
opinion is that the Intelliserver is not quite compliant for the Radius
standards, or RadiusNT is looking only for a request from a Portmaster or
Ascend product. Logic would then tell us that the "Radius" standards are
not the same for different terminal servers.

We have had nothing but trouble with our system and RadiusNT. I tried
reinstalling, rebuilding the users file, running on different computers,
nothing has solved the problems of Radius crashing for us. Our next NAS
will be a Portmaster.

Barry Buchholz
Mint City Internet
http://www.mintcity.com