Re: Memory question

Brad Albrecht ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:07:07 -0700

While we are on the subject, you might want to check out this site on
hardware : http://sysdoc.pair.com
It tells you all about (among other things) motherboards, what's good, and
how to get more out of them..

For example, I have one of the Asus motherboards like listed below with an
Intel Pentium 133 over clocked to 150MHz.. The whole thing is faster too
with the clock upped, the PCI bus is faster too (faster video and RAM)..

But, since we are all smart ISP's, we would never do this to our servers
RIGHT?! The performance increase is very evident when I boot to 95, but
not so much on NT.

Just thought I would share..

Brad Albrecht
Computer Innovations Online
http://www.cio.net/
Skagit Valleys' Premier Internet Service Provider

----------
> From: Danny Sinang <sinang@skyinet.net>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Re: Memory question
> Date: Tuesday, July 22, 1997 4:59 AM
>
> My board is a P/I-P55T2P4.
>
> I already have the two 32 MB EDO RAM in place. I am planning to add two
16
> MB EDO RAM.
>
> What is this cache all about ? All I know of is the L2 cache.
>
> How do I find out if I have a TAG SRAM ? How do I know how big it is ?
How