Re: shared cd rom?

cyborg ( cyborg@earthlink.net )
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 22:46:02 -0700

I see a lot of interest about sharing or getting access to CD-ROM
material
easily.

I see some people go out and buy a 6 disk changer or something
comparable
for easily the price of 600-800 bux or buy muliple CD-ROM drives and
leave
them virtually unused most of the time.

-What for?

I have seen a solution somewhere on the internet where a program creates
virtual CD-ROM drives for share or whatever, YOU name it. All you have
do is designate a place on a hard drive where to put the CD mirror file
and
it will create a letter for each mirror. And then you do whatever you
want
with it as if it was a CD-ROM. Pretty kewl! I tried it a while back and
it kicks ASS!

-What is this thing? I don't remember. If this would save serious money
some of you or make CD-ROM data access quicker and therefore make
network
trafic better or more efficient, whatever the reason is, let me know. I
will take the time to look at my archives to find this program for
you and direct you to where you can aquire it and purchase it.

It seems like the solution for some of you who only use CDs every once
in
a blue moon, or use the same CD everywhere (hopefully everyone at once.)

..CyborG