Re: RadiusNT, Computone and Authenticate

Howard A. Brooks ( (no email) )
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:41:52 -0400

Dear Jeff:

Thanks for the help, really, but:
Jeff Woods wrote:

> 1) Make SURE that the RADIUS server has the IP and hostname of the
> PowerRack in its local HOSTS file. Forcing it to use DNS will fail.

I'm not familiar with a HOSTS file. Is that perhaps from Emerald?

> 2) Make sure that RADIUS/Emerald knows about each PowerRack. This is
> done in Emerald config, or in RADIUS NT's setup. If the RADIUS server
> isn't told that each NAS its AUTHORIZED to use it, then it won't even talk
> to it.

Yes I have a CLIENT file with the NAS (IntelliServer) of 025.181.207.2
recorded in it.

> My guess is you still need both of these changes.

Could you be more specific about what you mean by the HOST file, please?