Re: RadiusNT, Computone and Authenticate

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 18:04:57 -0400

At 06:41 PM 7/11/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> 1) Make SURE that the RADIUS server has the IP and hostname of the
>> PowerRack in its local HOSTS file. Forcing it to use DNS will fail.
>
>I'm not familiar with a HOSTS file. Is that perhaps from Emerald?

RTFriendlyM -- its a part of NT, used to resolve host names to IP's and
vice versa, locally on an NT machine WITHOUT having to go to a DNS server.

It is in \NTwhatever\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

>Could you be more specific about what you mean by the HOST file, please?

Basic instructions should be within the file, located in the above
directory, which may vary based on your installation version.

>> At 10:51 PM 7/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> >Hello All:
>> >
>> >After pouring over the Computone manual many, many times,
>> highlighting like back in college, rechecking and rechecking all
connections for
>> >the past two days I just have to ask. But first, our MicroCom ISPort
connects to zero port on the IntelliServer (205.181.207.2) NAS to
RadiusNT.60 on NT4.0 with SP3