Re: Re[2]: modems upgrade

Randy Martin ( randy@austintx.net )
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:22:42 -0500

At 10:26 AM 6/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would strongly advise you to look at K56Fkex rather than X2. USR has
>pulled this competing standards crap before. Remember V.FC? At this
>point the only major companies supporting X2 are USR and 3COM. Just
>about everyone else is using the Rockwell/Lucent chipset.
>
>After the problems that I have had with USRs support and QC. I will
>never buy their products again until there are fundemental changes in
>support, interoperability and QC.

Here, Here! I agree with Robert completely. Whenever we have problems with
any client connecting, getting dropped, etc., about 90% of the time they
have some kind of USR modem! IMHO, the only product that USR has ever
produced that's worth anything is the Sporster 128K ISDN adapter. We never
buy anything made my USR, nor do we recommend USR to our customers.

Regards,

Randy

Randy Martin Voice: (512) 335-2368
Partner eMail: randy@austintx.net