Re: Cannot connect from W95 client to NT4.0 Server

Kevin Seyer ( ks@beltline.com )
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:29:33 -0500

Hi,

The NT server is looking for an Administrator level password. The login
you used for Win95 will be passed to NT for authentication. As the
this login must have Adminstrator priviliges to access IPC$ (interprocess
communication). You could enter the Adminstrator password and make this
connection but you probably don't want everyone to have this level of
privilege.

You should:
1) Add the user in NT
2) Create a new share for drive C
3) Give User privileges to this new share

Hope this helps,
Kevin Seyer
Dolphin Communications Inc.
Dallas, TX