Re: unexpected kernel mode trap?

John Lange ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:01:24 -0500

HI

We have 2 servers with this chip, one running NT 3.51 Wkstn, and one
Running NT 4.0 Server - VERY successfully!!! I would judge the speed more
equal to a P75, an upgrade on my SQL server from the 5x86 to a P133 showed
a 200% increase in speed.

I have built several machines like that and have had NO problems. Even
using older MBs and a BIOSed HD controller, and the Kingston 5x86 - 133
TurboChip.

Does the Motherboard support large drives or are you using the boot program
that comes with the drive? I would be suspect of the program.

Try changing out all the ram... Try booting without a network card...

If you installed from CD, then removed the drive, try re-installing it (I
had problems with this one).

When does the error occur? While installing, booting, running?

Millions of sugestions but I can't type...

JOhn :}

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers!
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road, Suite 10
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901

http://www.microt.com/

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ FASTEST SERVICE IN TOWN
--- (_)/ (_)

----------
> From: Jeff Binkley <jeff.binkley@asacomp.com>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: RE: unexpected kernel mode trap?
> Date: Tuesday, June 24, 1997 8:43 PM
>

> The 5x86 is actually a 486 with some enhancements. We've run a number of
them
> very successfully with NT. My own personal machine is a 5x85 133 chip.
About
> equal in speed to a P90.
>
> Jeff Binkley
> ASA Network Computing
>

> -> My understanding of the AMD586 is that it is basicly a 386 instruction
= set
> -> and nt needs the 486 instruction set. So I don't think it will run =
on that
> -> chip
> ->
MTECH