Re: DNS Problem

Jose Carlos da Silva ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:39:49 -0300

Jeff Binkley,

Em 10 Jun 97 as 19:37, voce escreveu:

> I run NT's DNS as a secondary to a Unix primary but there are two files you
> need to setup: cache.dns and boot. Here is how I started:

There's no need to setup these files. All you have to do is to go
into the Registry and to set the "BindScondaries" key to "1". It
defaults to "0" and in this way, you cannot interface with any DNS
server running BIND (Bind is the DNS server most used in Unix world).

This key is in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Parameters

[]s,

| Sysop & WebMaster ALLNET BBS/Internet |
| Modem: (011)3061-3600 Voz: (011)3061-0088 |
| telnet: bbs.net-all.com.br mailto:jcds@net-all.com.br |
| http://www.net-all.com.br http://pobox.com/~jcds |