RE: newsfeeds

Fulton Preston ( preston@eaglenet.com )
Fri, 30 May 1997 10:49:54 -0400

I tried MCIS news and will never touch it again. It is so agonizingly slow
it isn't even funny. It will use 100% cpu time and almost all available
ram so if you decide to use it be prepared to make that the only thing the
server does. It couldn't keep up with the feed and it missed a LOT of
articles.

I eventually took the server down and setup service with Supernews. For
$100 a month it was a deal I couldn't resist. It makes one less server I
have to fuss with and I no longer have a 9gig nntp feed wasting my bandwidth.

Fulton Preston