reccomendation on dealing with calls data.

Franco Nogarin ( webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:09:25 -0600

well, the easiest way to handle it would be to have a boolean config option
for it, either records are purged at bill time or they are not. I
personally want to keep every record. They are very useful. As a matter of
fact, we enlisted the help of the government on an upgrade here and I was
able to use all the old call details to generate awsome trend, forcast and
growth stats of the company by using old data and current data, my choice
would be to continually expand the database and purge call record based on
closed MBR's when I client no longer uses my service and I delete his
account etc. I would purge his call history. but I would like to keep all
the history for clients. so why not have a choice of detailed invoice to
mail or brief, then if you send detail like the telcos do for LD you can
purge at consolidation time, if you send em' brief bills then make the
consolidation move the data to another table whose job is to hopld the data
and keep it archived or something.

Franco Nogarin
System Administrator
The Aurora Network