RE: POST.OFFICE and EMERALD integration.

Barry Kiesz ( barry@mdex.net )
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:46:05 +0100

Make sure you have Postmail.exe (Free from software.com).. That might be
your problem. Make sure the form ID is the ID off the "accounts" e-mail
message..

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Kipp [SMTP:kippw@titanlink.com]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 1997 9:19 PM
To: emerald@iea.com
Subject: POST.OFFICE and EMERALD integration.

Hello all members,

If anyone is running Post.Office 2.0 successfuly with Emerald billing, I
have a couple of questions.

1) Is there any documentation regarding the installation and setup
anywhere? (The Emerald docs I downloaded aren't quite finished in this
area)

2) I have set this up as best as I could remember. In Emerald Admin under
Client Configuration I have:
Domain: titanlink.com
Smart Host: 206.87.148.1 (Mail Server ip)
Admin Email: AdminAcct@titanlink.com
Company Name: ValleyNet

When I check the Config Database, External Systems section, it is setup as:

Ext. Name: Post.Office
Type: Post.Office. MTA
Smart Host: 206.87.148.1
Accounts: accounts@titanlink.com
Postmaster: <Postmaster Account>
Password: <Postmaster Password>
Form-ID: e20fef318f5d381d5b0f086248923bbe

The Problem:

When I try to mail myself an Invoice with Emerald (2.1.8), in debug mode I
get:

Mailing Invoice To: kippw@titanlink.com from <postmaster
acct>@titanlink.com
via 206.87.148.1

That all looks ok, but then I get a message that says: Invoice 79 not
mailed.

I have tried this on a couple of Emerald clients and the same thing
happens.
Do I need a third party driver (like the sendmail util) to be installed
somewhere?

Anxiously awaiting your help,

Warren Kipp