Re: Billing Bug (Undocumented Feature)Workaround

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:31:02 -0700

Duane Schaub wrote:

> We have been having occasional problems with accounts not getting
> invoiced.
> I have looked VERY closely at the account and by every right, it
> should
> get an invoice generated by the batching screen.
>
> Scenario:
> Incremental billing checked
> Paidthru and Expires data: 5/28/97
> OverLimit: 7
>
> Batch:
> Date: 6/25/97
>
> No invoice created. BUT, I have now found that if I batch for
> 5/30/97...
> Presto.. 128 Invoices. Oh SH%^! So now I have solved the problem.
> We
> bill for the first day of the week, not necessarily every day. For
> this
> invoice, we billed on 5/26 and then on 6/2. All accounts due between
> 5/27
> and 5/30 were skipped since the billing does not check for previous
> months
> to see if theree are any unbilled accounts left.
>
> The moral of this story is - be sure to invoice the LAST DAY of each
> month
> to catch the all of your accounts.

Incremental bills from the 1st day of the month specified to the date
specified. We are working on a new billing algarithm that should pretty
much make all this pointless. (You just specify how many days in
advanced you want the user billed, and Emerald does the rest).