Re: Oracle Enterprise Vs. Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:22:00 -0700

Duane Schaub wrote:

> Dale,
>
> What's the possibilities of getting Emerald onto Oracle Enterprise
> Edition?
> We are upgrading our DB from MS-SQL and adding RAID 3. The goal is
> some
> symbolance of fault-tolerance.... Plus we have a large, new customer
> that
> needs a heavy duty online transaction system.

The last time I tried to setup the demo of Orcale it took
me weeks to get it to install, and then I couldn't do most
of the BASIC things. Now, I am not a DB expert, but If I can't
get these problems resolved with some of Oracle's best
tech support how can I expect Emerald customers to? I would
love to give it another try and we are moving to ODBC for
the client so that makes things much easier, but I am
gunshy on supporting Oracle because its even more complicating
to use that SQL Server (which most people think is overly
complicating!).