Re: Dr Watson Errors

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 May 1997 13:32:24 -0700

James T. Robson wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> I'm having exactly the same problem. RadiusNT on the secondary machine
> runs very well in debug mode (except it does not write to the detail file),
> but will not start as a service. (same error message as Alan). I ran the
> secondary machine for two days in debug mode and it did an excellent job of
> authenticating. (The primary authentic was down for other reasons)
>
> The primary machine runs RadiusNT flawlessly in debug mode and as a
> service. As near as I can tell they are configured identically.

If it is not writing to the detail file, you didn't specify the *FULL*
working
directory in the admin. When RadiusNT runs as a service, its doesn't
have a
userful "current" directory. Therefore if you don't have full
directories in the
admin, you will run into problems. Also note, the users file is NOT a
full
path, its just a fill found in the data directory.

Also, if you are having problems with RadiusNT starting, check out the
logfile and
service.log files. These should give you enough information to figure
out what
the problem is.