Re: Dr Watson Errors

Alan Cragg ( acragg@ctf.com )
Mon, 26 May 1997 16:44:04 -0700

I thought I would include my debug output in case this can help.
I also tried comparing dll's from the working system with the crashing
system and everthing seems fine, yet the new system will not run.

debug output:

Allocating ODBC Henv...
Allocating ODBC Connect...
Making ODBC Connection...
MS Access Mode Enabled
Allocating Statement...

SQL Statement: Select Name, RadAttributeID, Type From RadAttributes

SQL Statement: Select ra.Name, rv.Name, rv.Value From RadValues rv,
RadAttribut
es ra Where rv.RadAttributeID = ra.RadAttributeId

odbc_read_client_info()
Allocating Statement...

SQL Statement: Select Server, IPAddress, Secret From Servers

Client:localhost:127.0.0.1:testing123
Client:192.168.71.20:192.168.71.20:testing123
Allocating Statement...
Accounting Column 0: 'NASIdentifier'
Accounting Column 1: 'NASPort'
Accounting Column 2: 'AcctSessionId'
Accounting Column 3: 'AcctStatusType'
Accounting Column 4: 'CallDate'
Accounting Column 5: 'UserName'
Accounting Column 6: 'AcctAuthentic'
Accounting Column 7: 'UserService'
Accounting Column 8: 'LoginService'
Accounting Column 9: 'LoginHost'
Accounting Column 10: 'AcctDelayTime'
Accounting Column 11: 'AcctSessionTime'
Accounting Column 12: 'FramedProtocol'
Accounting Column 13: 'FramedAddress'
Accounting Column 14: 'AcctInputOctets'
Accounting Column 15: 'AcctOutputOctets'
Accounting Column 16: 'AcctInputPackets'
Accounting Column 17: 'AcctOutputPackets'
Accounting Column 18: 'NASPortType'
Accounting Column 19: 'ClientPortDNIS'

Radius NT is ready to receive requests!
radrecv: Request from host 7f000001 code=1, id=1, length=0
NAS-Identifier = 127.0.0.1
NAS-Port = 0
User-Name = "test"
Password = "\214\327\314\306a\302XP\027+p\025\247"\032 "
rad_authenticate_ODBC()
Password = "\214\327\314\306a\302XP\027+p\025\247"\032 "
Decrypted Password: test
Allocating Statement...

SQL Statement: Select DateAdd('d', ma.extension, maExpireDate),
DateAdd('d', ma
..extension, maExpireDate), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password,
sa.Login,
sa.Shell From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where (sa.Login='test' or
sa.She
ll='test') AND ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and ma.Active<>0

At 01:32 PM 5/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>James T. Robson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I'm having exactly the same problem. RadiusNT on the secondary
machine
>> runs very well in debug mode (except it does not write to the detail file),
>> but will not start as a service. (same error message as Alan). I ran the
>> secondary machine for two days in debug mode and it did an excellent job of
>

>> authenticating. (The primary authentic was down for other reasons)
>>
>> The primary machine runs RadiusNT flawlessly in debug mode and as a
>> service. As near as I can tell they are configured identically.
>
>If it is not writing to the detail file, you didn't specify the *FULL*
>working
>directory in the admin. When RadiusNT runs as a service, its doesn't
>have a
>userful "current" directory. Therefore if you don't have full
>directories in the
>admin, you will run into problems. Also note, the users file is NOT a
>full
>path, its just a fill found in the data directory.
>
>Also, if you are having problems with RadiusNT starting, check out the
>logfile and
>service.log files. These should give you enough information to figure
>out what
>the problem is.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)