Re: RadiusNT causing Doc Watson error

Barry at Mint City Internet ( bearb@email.mintcity.com )
Fri, 02 May 1997 09:06:27 -0400

At 09:39 AM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are in the process of installing Radius on our NT servers. HOwever I
>keep getting a Doc Watson error.
>
>Application error c0000005 at Address xxxxxxxxx
>
>Any suggestions.

Well, we are still getting this error. I upgraded the software to our
Intelliserver (recommended by Computone) to version 1.51g. This helped a
lot, but Radius will still crash. One error that keeps happening is the
accounting acknowledgement. NAS sends acct. request, radius approves it and
NAS will report "Radius accounting host unresponsive". This will happen
several times then the intelliserver will record timeout error for
accounting user xxx.

Any hints???

Our configuration...

NT 4.0 server with sp1
64 megs ram

NAS

Computone Intelliserver
version 1.51g software

Radius (from radadmin)

running in flat file mode
authentication to port 1645
encrypt pwd not checked
ignore case not checked

for accounting
require secret not checked
port 1646

mode text files
debug general
options concureency control checked

using PFE32 for text file administration.

Thanks,

Barry Buchholz
System Administration
Mint City Internet